DS5000/200 and 2.3.48 success...

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: DS5000/200 and 2.3.48 success...
From: Dave Airlie <david.airlie@drua.ie>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 11:04:59 +0000 (GMT)
Right,
        to get CVS 2.3.48 from last night compile on my DS5000/200, I need
the above patchlet, I think the first part may all ready have been done,
the second was needed for the serial stuff,

I'll release a declance.c for the PMAD-AA later on, I'll put it up on my
ftp site....

I've had some ideas on re-writing the declance.c driver to deal with all
three types of cards, or two cards in one machine ....

What I need to know, perhaps someone here might know, on the IOASIC Lance
there are gaps in the structures, can I legally write to these gaps? I
don't care if the data disappears, all I want to know if that if I write
something to a gap, nothing untoward or evil is going to happen .. there
are a couple of spots where I could use memset if I can blindly ignore the
gaps..

Regards,
        Dave.

--
                David Airlie, Software Engineer
Drua Technologies Ltd, Innovation Centre, National Tech Park, Limerick.