RE: CVS kernel and Decstation..

To: Dave Airlie <airlied@csn.ul.ie>
Subject: RE: CVS kernel and Decstation..
From: Harald Koerfgen <Harald.Koerfgen@home.ivm.de>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 12:02:57 +0100 (MET)
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Sender: harry@franz.no.dom
Hi,

On 02-Mar-00 Dave Airlie wrote:

> Well I'm back with my old habitual question,
>       I've got my DS5000/200 back in my house finally today, so
> hopefully this weekend I'll get it back to speed, currently it is
> headless, but I might be able to some stuff done..

Welcome back aboard.

> So what will the CVS kernel currently work on a R3000 DS5000/200, I'm
> talking core stuff, I don't mind having to softnet net drivers etc..
> if it won't work do I need a few patches or is it roll up the sleeves
> time?

Besides the fact that swapping is broken on R3k since 2.3.38 the latest
CVS works quite well on my /133. However, I don't know if the DZ driver still
works. The dec_esp backend works fine for IOASIC boxes but is definately broken
for PMAZ-AA cards. The declance driver is softnetted but is still in desperate
need of an overhaul, IMHO.

---
Regards,
Harald