Re: Arcsystem keyboard?

To: ralf@uni-koblenz.de (Ralf Baechle)
Subject: Re: Arcsystem keyboard?
From: Eric Jorgensen <alhaz@xmission.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 11:28:34 -0700 (MST)
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr

> Milo is dead.  Just run ``make vmlinux.ecoff'' and you'll get an ECOFF
> kernel which ARC can run directly.

        That's good to hear, one less step. Are there precompiled kernels
i should be able to boot in this fashion? I sorta hope i have them
already. I'll definately be setting up a cross-compiler eventually but I'd
like to get off the ground with a binary kernel initially.

> Yes, but mostly because we don't regularly update the binaries due to
> lazyness.  Btw, the M700 is a Magnum clone, you can try it's kernel.

        That's ok, I'm not afraid of recompiling system stuff if i see a
need to upgrade something. it's not like this is going to be a production
system.

        I know i asked this a few years ago, did anyone ever work out
support for the jazz sound hardware?

 - Eric