make netboot/vmlinux.ecoff for Decstation

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: make netboot/vmlinux.ecoff for Decstation
From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de>
Date: 01 Mar 2000 09:14:53 +0100
Sender: aj@suse.de
Reading some old documents on getting Linux running on my Decstation
5000/120, I found that you should be able to run `make netboot' to get
a vmlinux.ecoff file for booting via net [1].  But this doesn't seem
to work with the current Linux CVS version from OSS.  I've made a
small hack to get a working vmlinux.ecoff 2.3.47 but I don't think
this is the proper way.

Could somebody check what's broken and tell me how to get cleanly a
vmlinux.ecoff version?

Thanks,
Andreas

Footnotes:
[1]  I wasn't successfull with Karel's kernels.

--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de