Arcsystem keyboard?

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Arcsystem keyboard?
From: Eric Jorgensen <alhaz@xmission.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 22:22:51 -0700 (MST)
        Finally got a video cable on my MIPS Magnum 4000PC. ARC boot prom
boots up, first time I've seen it on a Mips co box. I'm psyched. :)

        Thing is, the keyboard doesn't seem to work. the scroll lock key
is on, and it doesn't seem to get any input. I know the keyboard is good,
'cause I've got the ARCSystem plugged into the 3rd position on the KVM I'm
using now.

        For the purposes of argument, it's an IBM (genuine IBM logo) model
M2 PS/2 keyboard, manufactured in 1993. Love the feel.

        Any ideas? I'm sure i plugged everything into the right ports. I'd
heard these would accept a regular AT or PS/2 keyboard, and, well, the one
I'm using is about as regular as they get.

        Anyhow, thanks. As soon as i can actually controll this thing i've
got to get a filesystem on it and get it booting up linux. After that i
guess I'll have to figure out what to do with it. (Never ask a geek why,
just nod and back away slowly)

 - Eric