Re: Linux on Algorithmics P4032 dev.board

To: "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@mips.com>
Subject: Re: Linux on Algorithmics P4032 dev.board
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 15:59:59 +0100
Cc: Arnold.Niessen@philips.com, linux-mips@fnet.fr, carstenl@mips.com, linux-porters@algor.co.uk
On Mon, Feb 21, 2000 at 03:27:46PM +0100, Kevin D. Kissell wrote:

> I think Ralf Baechle has already responded to your compiler
> enquiry, and I would follow his recommendation and use the
> information (and tools) provided on the www.linux.sgi.com site.

Please don't refer to the old hostnae {www,ftp,linus}.linux.sgi.com
any longer.  All services have been moved to oss.sgi.com and somewhen
we'll also remove the old aliases.  The Linux/MIPS web content is now
available under http://oss.sgi.com/mips/.

> The ncr53c8xx.c SCSI driver should work with little or
> no modification - perhaps someone else on the linux-porters
> list can comment as to whether the platform-supplies-scsi-clock
> option needs to be specified for the P4032 as it does for
> the P5064.  The tulip.c driver is theoretically capable
> of handling the 21041 as well as the 21043 on the P5064,
> but that needs to be verified.

In the past I've used the tulip.c driver on MIPS also with 21040,
21041 and 21041.