Re: RPM installation

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de>
Subject: Re: RPM installation
From: Rabeeh Khoury <rabeeh@galileo.co.il>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 15:51:13 +0200
Cc: "linux-mips@fnet.fr" <linux-mips@fnet.fr>, kossay@galileo.co.il
Hi All

The driver can't be broken ; firstly because I built it !!!!! :-) secondly
because only specific RPMs are always stuck ; and I can install other RPM
and do lots of network stuff before every retry.
Can it be that the RPM installer tries performing other stuff than copying
the files in the package and updating it's database in /var/lib/rpm ? maybe
/proc stuff ? or dns or gateways checks ?
other RPM that is stuck is also bash.... - what is in common between bash
and rootfiles RPMs ?

p.s. regarding my former mails about checksum error in kernel 2.0.34 ; the
problem is that I'v used CHECKSUM_HW which returns bad checksum in the udp
layer. Instead we should use CHECKSUM_NONE which performs the right
checksum.
what is the differnce between CHECKSUM_HW and CHECKSUM_NONE ; does
CHECKSUM_NONE makes kernel perform checksum on the 4 octets of the ethernet
packet ?

Regards
    Rabea