Re: Linux on O2?

To: brett <brett@madhouse.org>
Subject: Re: Linux on O2?
From: "William J. Earl" <wje@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 17:32:44 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Bruce Leggett <bleggett@sofamordanek.com>, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com, linux-mips@fnet.fr, linux-mips@vger.rutgers.edu

      The original Indigo was R3000-based.  The I/O is an earlier generation
of that used in Indy and Indigo2, so some of the driver work could be reused,
but it is hard to find documentation at this point.  The Indigo R4000
is pretty close to Indy and Indigo2, so it would not be too hard.  On the
other hand, there is no work done so far on supporting the "starter" graphics
on the Indigo R4000.