Re: filesystem problems

To: Rabeeh Khoury <>
Subject: Re: filesystem problems
From: Richard van den Berg <>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 16:23:05 +0100 (MET)
Cc: "" <>
On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Rabeeh Khoury wrote:

> I managed to mount NFS for my embedded system over a PC running linux
> RedHat 6.0
> all the files on the filesystem are uid=0 (root) and gid=0 ; when I try
> to create any new file on the embedded system it creates the file with
> gid and uid 65534 ??!!

$ man 5 exports

       By default, nfsd tries to obtain the anonymous uid and gid
       by looking up user nobody in the password file at  startup
       time.  If it isn't found, a uid and gid of -2 (i.e. 65534)
       is used. These  values  can  also  be  overridden  by  the
       anonuid and anongid options.

Guess you have to edit /etc/exports to change the behaviour.