Indy: reboot after HardHat installation fails

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Indy: reboot after HardHat installation fails
From: Guido Guenther <guido.guenther@uni-konstanz.de>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 10:07:31 +0100
Sender: Guido Guenther <agx@gandalf.physik.uni-konstanz.de>
Hi,
after installing HardHat on an R4600 Indy I'm unable to boot with:
bootp()nfsserver:/vmlinux root=/dev/sdb1
I get a "unable to open console". The mailing list archives say
that I have to get the device numbers in /dev right. This seems
reasonable since the installation of the dev-rpm (along with many
others) died with a "unable to execute script". Unfortunately I can't
use "upgrade" in the hardhat installation programm to mount /dev/sdb1 (as
suggested in the mailing list archives) since it always dies with
"signal 11".  Any chance to mount /dev/sdb1 to fix the device numbers?
Regards,
-- Guido

--

PGP-Public Key: http://honk.physik.uni-konstanz.de/~guido/gunther.asc