Re: Embedded system with RAM Disk

To: Ralf Baechle <>
Subject: Re: Embedded system with RAM Disk
From: Charles Lepple <>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 21:26:50 -0500
Ralf Baechle wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2000 at 08:26:34PM -0500, Charles Lepple wrote:
> > The PPC board that I used would not load ELF images with extra sections,
> In which case the PPC's ELF loader is hopless broken.  An ELF loader is
> a quite simple thing, it only needs to process all the PT_LOAD entries
> in the programm header table, done.

sorry to spam the lists, but I just have to clear the PPC name :-)

The boot firmware was for VxWorks, which evidently uses files which
resemble ELF binaries down to the headers. I won't name the company who
wrote the BSP, but it was pretty weak code (a little research in the
Linux/PPC lists may turn stuff up though...)

Most standards-compilant (PReP, CHRP) boards do load things correctly,

Charles Lepple ||