Re: PC monitor + DS equipment..

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: PC monitor + DS equipment..
From: Karsten Merker <karsten@excalibur.cologne.de>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 18:47:07 +0100
On Wed, Jan 19, 2000 at 04:57:20PM +0000, Dave Airlie wrote:

> What do I need to do to get a PC monitor working with a DECstation?
>  do I need a PC monitor with RGB inputs? , all I have is a Gateway
> Multisync 15 inch monitor with a standard VGA connector, is there anything
> I can do with it or will I have to try and get one of the big DS monitors
> into a car and home :-)

You need a monitor that can use sync-on-green. Many of the PC-monitors
that have five BNC-inputs in addition to the "normal" VGA-15pin-SubD-HD
connector can do that. I have tried it with an Eizo F56 and an old
Olivetti DSM 50-175 without any problems. Unfortunately I have not yet
found a monitor which has only a 15pin-SubD-HD-connector and can work with
sync-on-green, so you are most probably out of luck with your one.

Greetings,
Karsten
--
#include <standard_disclaimer>