Contribution SGI/MIPS/Linux

To: <linux-mips@fnet.fr>
Subject: Contribution SGI/MIPS/Linux
From: "Bob" <mrniceguy@uswest.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 16:25:12 -0700
I run Linux/i386 and would really like to see a port that would run on my SGI Iris Indigo R4400, 150Mhz, 96MB Ram, Elan GR-2 Graphics, Integrated SCSI. It's running IRIX 5.3. I would really like to be a part of the MIPS/Linux project. I would like to at least be a part of the testing loop. However, I also have interest in helping with development. I have a little experience with device driver programming [my linux/i386 box]. I am well versed in C, a little C++, and dabble in Ada. I am interested in specifically making Linux available to SGI boxes, drivers for proprietary video, SCSI, GIO32 expansion, and serial. If I could be of use, I believe it would be a fun experience.