I wanna play too

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: I wanna play too
From: Robert Perry <rlperry@paradigmsys.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 12:00:16 -0500
    Hello my name is Robert Perry I have been Playing with Linux since
1995 (mostly just in user land) and I have been C/C++ programming off
and on since about 1992.  The company I work for may be using an
embedded mips solution.  I feel I am a reasonably good programmer though
I know very little of OS design but I thought that when the hardware was
available I might have a go some kernel hacking anyway.  Depending on
how the wind blows I may even be able to dedicate some time at work to
this.

    Anyway the embedded chip contains a R3000 and I was wondering how
hard it would be to get linux up and running from flash?  How should I
go about getting myself to a point to be able to answer these questions
for myself?