Linux-MIPS internet domain

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Linux-MIPS internet domain
From: Michael Engel <engel@math.uni-siegen.de>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 12:20:36 +0100
Hi,

this is something I was thinking about for some time ...

Most Linux ports now have their own web servers which are
usually accessible under a descriptive web address (e.g. alphalinux.org,
linux-m68k.org etc.).

For people new to Linux-MIPS, information is a bit hard to find - so I
propose we register the domain linux-mips.org as a central repository
for MIPS-related Linux information. I would
sponsor the  registration fee and Unix-AG at Siegen University can provide
web and ftp server space (we're already hosting decstation.unix-ag.org)
and probably also host some mailing lists.
What do you think about this ?

If noone objects, I'll register the domain next week.

regards,
        Michael
--
Michael Engel   (engel@unix-ag.org)