Re: kgdb support

To: Jeff Harrell <jharrell@ti.com>
Subject: Re: kgdb support
From: Ulf Carlsson <ulfc@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 11:43:30 -0800
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com, linux-mips@fnet.fr
On Wed, Nov 24, 1999 at 12:00:56PM -0700, Jeff Harrell wrote:
> In the process of looking through the MIPS/Linux code base,  I noticed that
> the kgdb interface seems to support the ZS85C30  (see the function
> rs_kgdb_hook) but do not see where the generic serial interface (i.e.
> /drivers/char/serial.c) is supported.  Is the kgdb support provided through
> the file gdb-stub.c? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The kgdb that comes from ftp.gcom.com:/pub/linux/src provides support for normal
serial ports if that's what you're looking for.  You may be able to use that
serial driver with the gdb-stub.c that we have in arch/mips/kernel provided
enough time to get the things together.  What are you trying to do?

Ulf