Re: MIPS Box

To: Rpdtsd@aol.com
Subject: Re: MIPS Box
From: Karsten Merker <karsten@excalibur.cologne.de>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 15:01:02 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Rpdtsd@aol.com wrote:

> I have a DecStation 5000/25 that I'm interested in putting linux on.  I am
> very good with Linux, and run Red Hat 6.0 on two boxes at home, one box at
> work, and I have run it on other boxes as well.  And I'm good with
> integrating apps.... I would appreciate being included in testing Linux on
> MIPS.

Just take a look at http://decstation.unix-ag.org. The 5000/25 ist rather
well-supported, you can get a kernel with several Maxine-specific patches
at the aforementioned address. A root filesystem and crossdevelopment
packages are available from ftp://oss.sgi.com, there are also some older
.mipsel.rpm packages. The rootfs and the crossdevelopment tools are also
available from ftp://bolug.uni-bonn.de/mips/ together with several newer
.mipsel.rpm packages. Installation descriptions and some more packages are
available from Karel van Houten's (http://www.xs4all.nl/~vhouten/mipsel)
and Richard van den Berg's (http://web.inter.NL.net/users/schnecke/mips/)
webpages.

HTH,