Re: MIPS Box

Subject: Re: MIPS Box
From: Karsten Merker <>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 15:01:02 +0100
> I have a DecStation 5000/25 that I'm interested in putting linux on.  I am
> very good with Linux, and run Red Hat 6.0 on two boxes at home, one box at
> work, and I have run it on other boxes as well.  And I'm good with
> integrating apps.... I would appreciate being included in testing Linux on
> MIPS.

Just take a look at The 5000/25 ist rather
well-supported, you can get a kernel with several Maxine-specific patches
at the aforementioned address. A root filesystem and crossdevelopment
packages are available from, there are also some older
.mipsel.rpm packages. The rootfs and the crossdevelopment tools are also
available from together with several newer
.mipsel.rpm packages. Installation descriptions and some more packages are
available from Karel van Houten's (
and Richard van den Berg's (

#include <standard_disclaimer>