Glibc 2.1.2 MIPS Patches - Start of a central collection

To: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>, "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>, Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de>
Subject: Glibc 2.1.2 MIPS Patches - Start of a central collection
From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de>
Date: 17 Nov 1999 11:32:52 +0100
Cc: linux@engr.sgi.com, linux-mips@fnet.fr
Sender: aj@suse.de
I'm starting to make available per ftp all the different patches for
glibc 2.1.2 I've got.  For now, it's just those patches that are
already in the development version of glibc 2.2.  During the next days
I'll try to put more patches there and I'm also trying to test them.

The patches are untested. For now they are not enough to get a working
glibc 2.1.2 on MIPS/Linux.  I encourage others [1] to test, fix and
enhance the patches - and then send your contribution to me.

My goal is to get a working glibc 2.1.2 on MIPS/Linux and to get all
needed patches into the glibc development version so that the next
major release of glibc (2.2) will run without further patches on
MIPS/Linux.  I'll therefore try to integrate all patches I get into
glibc.

The central collection should help us avoiding to duplicate work.

The ftp location is: ftp.suse.com/pub/people/aj/glibc-mips.

Andreas

Footnotes:
[1]  I'll do the same.

--