Re: PMAGB-B cyclic video test on boot

To: Alveryanov Alexander <avalex@mail.ru>, linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: PMAGB-B cyclic video test on boot
From: Richard van den Berg <R.vandenBerg@inter.NL.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 21:23:28 +0100 (MET)
On Sun, 14 Nov 1999, Alveryanov Alexander wrote:

> Who have any technical reference to PMAGB-B card ?

> I have DECstatoin 5000/200 with  this card, but dont have
> any documenation for it. I try switch on-off  jumpers on PMAGB-B card.

One jumper is there to select the frequency, if there is a second crystal
present of course. For operating purposes the other jumper - labelled
protect - doesn't have any use to my knowledge.

> After this procedure my DECstation go to cycle video test after
> power-on. I can not boot from machine.

> How solve this problem ?

Best is to remove the card reset the prom and follow the instructions you
can read on these pages:

http://decstation.unix-ag.org/
http://www.xs4all.nl/~vhouten/mipsel/
http://www.inter.nl.net/users/schnecke/mips/