Re: Binutils woes

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Binutils woes
From: Richard van den Berg <R.vandenBerg@inter.NL.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 18:45:22 +0100 (MET)
On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Karsten Merker wrote:

> [egcs]
> > Have you tried 1.0.3a? That version is explained in the Linux/MIPS HOWTO.
> > Together with binutils 2.8.1 it builded running binaries and glibc 2.0.7.
> > If ftp.linux.sgi.com hasn't the rpm's I'll upload them whereever you like.
>
> I have not found them at sgi.com, so if you could put up the
> egcs*-1.0.3a.mipsel.rpms somewhere that would be very helpful.

I have uploaded following files to ftp://ftp.unix-ag.org/incoming

egcs-1.0.3a-1.mipsel.rpm
egcs-c++-1.0.3a-1.mipsel.rpm (++ renamed to pp because server gave
unalowed filename)
egcs-g77-1.0.3a-1.mipsel.rpm
egcs-objc-1.0.3a-1.mipsel.rpm

> BTW, is there a problem with your webpages? The link
> http://web.inter.NL.net/users/schnecke/mips/ on decstation.unix-ag.org
> gives me a "You don't have permission to access /users/schnecke/mips/ on
> this server."

I have checked the files at the server and they are world readable and I
was able to read the page using lynx. If you still can't access the pages
please notify me and I contact my ISP.

Regards,
Richard