Re: RiscServer 2200

To: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Subject: Re: RiscServer 2200
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 00:59:52 +0100
Cc: "Andrew R. Baker" <andrewb@uab.edu>, Monte Erickson <svntyfrcvt@ptinet.net>, linux-mips@fnet.fr
On Tue, Nov 02, 1999 at 04:42:29PM -0700, Warner Losh wrote:

> Second, chances are very good that the MP stuff is custom ICs.

Which most probably is similar to the Magnum 4000.

> I've heard from some people inside of NEC that the docs do not exist
> in a form that can be handed out.  Basically, they don't know where
> the paper is, so they can't release it because they don't knows whose
> filing cabinet or machine they are on.

I was told that nobody of the team who developed the NEC machines is
still at NEC.

Their uniprocessor MIPSes seem to be fairly standard, maybe even
completly unmodified Acer PICAs.  I know that Acer was producing them
for NEC, so their the assumption that they're ordinary OEM PICAs sounds
probable.