Compiling Maxine Framebuffer and Netbsd partitions into DecLinux

To: Linux Mips News Groups <linux-mips@fnet.fr>
Subject: Compiling Maxine Framebuffer and Netbsd partitions into DecLinux
From: Douglas Meade <sartoris@info.umd.edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 13:51:03 -0500 (EST)
I've been using Michael Engel's kernel with the patch for Personal
Decstation framebuffer and Accessbus support for about 5 months now,
and the system seems very stable and usable.  However, I'm still
relying on Netbooting to get the system booting and running.
Last weekend, I thought I would finally try to get Karel's patch
for supporting  NetBSD partitions, and make this a self-booting
machine.  However, I'm a little confused as to the sequence I should
follow for applying the patches.

When I downloaded the files from Michael Engel's page, no matter if
I started with the original MIPS 2.2.1 kernel source and applied
the three patches (patch for Maxine framebuffer, Accessbus;
patch for R2000/R3000 CPUs; patch for correct timer frequency)
or applied the first patch to the kernel with the last two patches
applied, I got some failures in the patching.  Furthermore, the
patch on Karel van Houten's page for Netbsd partition support
in 2.2.1 also didn't take.

Is there available a set of patches that would give both
Maxine framebuffer and Accessbus support, as well as supporting
the Netbsd partitions?

Thanks in advance for any info,

Doug