problem with keyboard beep

Subject: problem with keyboard beep
From: Dave Airlie <>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 15:31:41 +0100 (IST)
        I've discovered the cause of my oops in the keyboard/graphics
driver, when it tries to beep a function called

kd_mksound is called and it outports to a port 0x61 which gives me an
unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00000061,

So what is this for ? I notice it has an ifdef __mips__ along with a few
other archs around it, it is defined in drivers/char/vt.c

------------ David Airlie,,airlied@skynet --------
Telecommunications Research Centre, ECE Dept, University of Limerick \   -- Telecommunications Researcher      \