problem with keyboard beep

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: problem with keyboard beep
From: Dave Airlie <airlied@csn.ul.ie>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 15:31:41 +0100 (IST)
Hi,
        I've discovered the cause of my oops in the keyboard/graphics
driver, when it tries to beep a function called

kd_mksound is called and it outports to a port 0x61 which gives me an
unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00000061,

So what is this for ? I notice it has an ifdef __mips__ along with a few
other archs around it, it is defined in drivers/char/vt.c

Dave.

------------ David Airlie, David.Airlie@ul.ie,airlied@skynet --------
Telecommunications Research Centre, ECE Dept, University of Limerick \
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~airlied   -- Telecommunications Researcher      \