Re: Interrupts during interrupts, masking and unmasking

To: "Bradley D. LaRonde" <brad@ltc.com>
Subject: Re: Interrupts during interrupts, masking and unmasking
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 15:27:25 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr, linuxce-devel@linuxce.org
On Wed, Sep 29, 1999 at 06:58:46PM -0400, Bradley D. LaRonde wrote:

> OK, but I thought it would be more than a few bytes since doesn't the first
> one push the cpu context onto the stack?
>
> How can I determine the stack pointer for the first and second
> (contemporary) interrupts?  100 printks per second sounds a little
> overwhelming.

No, but you can add debug code to your interrupt handler which checks that
if the interrupted code was in kernel mode and the current stackpointer is
kernelsp - PT_SIZE, then something is smelly.  Ok rather improbable case
if you're using the standard macros from <asm/stackframe.h> like the
other systems, they should take care of things.