Re: ISDN on Personal DECstation

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: ISDN on Personal DECstation
From: tor@spacetec.no (Tor Arntsen)
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 10:46:34 +0200

On Sep 21, 20:11, Matthias Heidbrink wrote:
>One again, it's not so bad in Europe. Here in Germany, my ISDN line (BRI)
[...]

True, European bandwidth is a different world.  Where I work we only
recently moved from a 64kbit to a 256kbit internet connection, and it's
costing us blood -- a really small company couldn't have afforded it.
(another point is that until a year or two ago the bloody *backbone*
wouldn't let you utilise even 64kbit..)

Universities may be a bit spoiled though, but for anybody else 64kbit starts
to feel good :-)

-Tor