Re: ISDN on Personal DECstation

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: ISDN on Personal DECstation
From: Richard van den Berg <R.vandenBerg@inter.NL.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 21:20:18 +0200 (MET DST)
Hello Michael,

On Tue, 21 Sep 1999, Michael Engel wrote:

> Should be possible - all you need is a NTBA (K0<->S0 bus converter, installed
> by your telco carrier) or an internal S0 bus on your PBX.

Meaning I could plug it in next to my Teles card?

> At least this works with our Sparc LX here which has the same chipset.

Does that driver runs stable? From 2.3.9 cvs source
drivers/isdn/hisax/amd7930.c:

 *    - periodic packet loss, apparently due to lost interrupts
 *    - ISDN sometimes freezes, requiring reboot before it will work again
 *
 * The code is unreliable enough to be consider alpha

Time study also something else then math or physics.

Regards,
Richard