problem with DS5000/200 and interrupts ...

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: problem with DS5000/200 and interrupts ...
From: Dave Airlie <airlied@csn.ul.ie>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 14:21:42 +0100 (IST)
Hi,
        There is some wierd race or something somewhere in the DECStation
interrupt handling, that is becoming apparant on my DS5000/200, no IOASIC,
Turbochannel box...

I have enabled interrupts for the serial driver during the serial
initialisation code, I need to do this for the keyboard later anyways so
I'm doing it as a test now, If I boot the machine I get as far as the scsi
detection bit and it hangs,

Setting up DZ Keyboard
Copying keyboard tables ...
Entering startup
Finished DZ Keyboard Setup
pty: 256 Unix98 ptys configured
RAM disk driver initialized:  16 RAM disks of 4096K size
SCSI ID 7  Clock 25 MHz CCF=0 Time-Out 167 NCR53C9x(esp236) detected
ESP: Total of 1 ESP hosts found, 1 actually in use.
scsi0 : ESP236
scsi : 1 host.

Hitting the reset button gives me a PC usually in do_IRQ,

If I insert a prom_printf into the dz.c interrupt handler to print a .
every time an interrupt occurs it boots up the machine fine, the SCSI
disks get detected straight away ...

The dots only start printing after the scsi : 1 host piece also, I thought
they would start straight away so I'm missing something here with the
interrupt code ..

Any ideas anyone?

Regards,
        Dave.

------------ David Airlie, David.Airlie@ul.ie,airlied@skynet --------
Telecommunications Research Centre, ECE Dept, University of Limerick \
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~airlied   -- Telecommunications Researcher      \