Cross Compiling linux/MIPS

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Cross Compiling linux/MIPS
From: labibk@taec.toshiba.com (Khaled Labib)
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 16:58:41 -0700
Cc: labibk@taec.toshiba.com
Hi,

I was looking at the latest linux/MIPS How-To document on
ftp.linux.sgi.com/cvs/faq written by Ralf which had the instructions on how to
setup a cross compiler. I have a couple of questions regarding these
instructions that I hope that someone may have an answer to.

Q1:
===
The instructions asks to download the following source packages:

binutils-2.8.1.tar.gz
binutils-2.8.1-2.diff.gz
egcs-1.0.3a.tar.gz
egcs-1.0.3a-1.diff.gz

glibc-2.0.6.tar.gz
glibc-crypt-2.0.6.tar.gz
glibc-localedata-2.0.6.tar.gz
glibc-linuxthreads-2.0.6.tar.gz

Some patches are also required which are:

binutils-2.8.1-mips.patch
egcs-1.0.3a-mips.patch
glibc-2.0.6-mips.patch

I searched ftp.linux.sgi.com for the above file but I could ONLY find :

binutils-2.8.1.tar.gz

So where can I get the rest of the files from ? A full path into an ftp site
would be really appreciated.

Q2:
===
I am actually trying to crosscompile the linux/MIPS kernel. To get the sources
used the anonymous cvs server from ftp.linux.sgi.com/cvs to checkout the linux
sources with a linux_2_2 tag which I assumed is a stable version  for 2.2
kernel. Is that correct ? If not which is the latest linux/MIPS kernel that I
can get.

Thank you for your help.

Khaled Labib