Re: trying to get PMAG-BA working on DS5000/200

To: Michael Engel <engel@math.uni-siegen.de>
Subject: Re: trying to get PMAG-BA working on DS5000/200
From: Dave Airlie <airlied@csn.ul.ie>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 15:22:08 +0100 (IST)
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
PMAG-BA is going on my DS5000/200, I had removed a line in setup.c that
the patch inserted, that is now back and it just booted with a Tux in the
corner,

I've changed the base address in the necessary spots also ...
now to get a keyboard to go with it :-)

Dave.

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Michael Engel wrote:

> Dave,
>
> > Well I've got hopefully the PMAG-BA support compiled in properly to a
> > 2.2.10 on my DS5000/200,
> > I see
> >
> > TURBOchannel rev. 1 at 25.0 MHz (no parity)
> > slot 0: DEC      PMAG-BA  V5.3a
> >
> > so it sees the card I get
> >
> > pmagbafb.c: found in slot 0 at address be000000.
> > pmagbafb.c: Trying to initialise PMAG-BA fb ...
> > Console: switching to frame buffer device
> >
> > so it finds it, and says stuff but I don't see anything happening on the
> > monitor Linux boots up the rest of the way ... what am I missing?
>
> There a bug still in the fb device code - the frame buffer base address
> is hardcoded as the initialisation comes before the TC init and I didn't
> implement probing in the fb device driver. Just replace the address with
> be000000 for now. Sorry about that ...
>
> regards,
>       Michael

------------ David Airlie, David.Airlie@ul.ie,airlied@skynet --------
Telecommunications Research Centre, ECE Dept, University of Limerick \
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~airlied   -- Telecommunications Researcher      \