problem with dz.c serial driver,

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: problem with dz.c serial driver,
From: Dave Airlie <airlied@csn.ul.ie>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 14:53:41 +0100 (IST)
Hi,
        With the dz.c, when I switch on interrupts to allow the keyboard
and mouse interrupts to be received I lose my serial console until init
comes up, it seems to be a problem with having interrupts for an un-opened
port i.e. the console port, also the console_put_char routine stops
working, and it is contained inside a save_flags,cli,restore_flags block,

Has anyone any ideas on what to do? I think I might have to disable
transmitter interrupts inside the put_char routine but I doing this
looking easy at the moment,

Regards,
        Dave.

------------ David Airlie, David.Airlie@ul.ie,airlied@skynet --------
Telecommunications Research Centre, ECE Dept, University of Limerick \
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~airlied   -- Telecommunications Researcher      \