Re: initrd.img

To: Rabeeh Khoury <rabeeh@galileo.co.il>
Subject: Re: initrd.img
From: "Gleb O. Raiko" <raiko@niisi.msk.ru>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 13:49:34 +0400
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Rabeeh Khoury wrote:
> if u have a link for a small (max 2MG's) good initrd.img for big mips
> please send it to me

Unfortunately, I haven't enogh space on an Internet server to provide
on-line images. If you want I might send the tar.gz file with image you
need. Now, we use the following:

flash.base 2.2 MB image that contains boot procedure, networking, and
ash.

flash.x ~10 MB contains flash.base + X fb server and lesstif mwm. It's X
terminal software.

flash.i contains flash.base + rshd. It's used to write flash.

All images might be used as  flash, initrd or NFS root. There are also
three scripts that creates images from live RH distro.

Regards,
Gleb.