extreem linux (Beowulf)

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: extreem linux (Beowulf)
From: David Mitchell <lucas@morpheus.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 15:52:36 -0500 (CDT)
Well, I've been subscribed to this list for a few months now and I've been
waiting (hoping) to see if it was possible to run Linux on some indigo 2s.
However, that doesn't seem to be possible (from what I understand).  So,
I'm looking for someplace to download source code for extreem linux.  The
university I'm attending (and working for) had 24 SGI indigo 2s donated to
them.  They have no use for them so I would like to setup a cluster.  I've
read quite a lot about beowulf, but I still am not very knowledgeable (I
have no idea if the C source will run on IRIX... I'm not entirely sure
linux won't run on these.  Anyway if you have any advise or help (where I
could find the source code and so on... perhpas some good beowulf sites) I
would appreciate it.

David Mitchell