Re: Linux Mips Port

To: The jazz man <cbergstr@sfu.ca>
Subject: Re: Linux Mips Port
From: Brad Larson <bel@qedinc.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 08:27:19 -0700
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Hi Chris,

I don't know which R5000 you are using but QED designed the original
R5000 and sells a compatible RM5200 series.  We've had customers move to
Linux.  I've recommended using the Cobalt Cube as a starting point since
its already a commercial product using the RM523x CPU and Linux.  You
can find more info at www.cobaltnetworks.com.  The distrubution can be
obtained at ftp.cobaltnetworks.com.

I don't know how close to current Cobalt is but the low level CPU code
may be of use.

--Brad

--
Brad Larson  |  Phone: (408) 565-0397  |  Fax: (408) 565-0335
UUCP: bel@qedinc.com  |  WWW: http://www.qedinc.com/