Re: SA_* in Linux 2.0.x und 2.2.x

To: Andreas Jaeger <aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de>
Subject: Re: SA_* in Linux 2.0.x und 2.2.x
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 23:14:11 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
On Sun, Aug 22, 1999 at 09:13:19AM +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

> Ralf> Shouldn't the SV_* constants have the same values as their SA_*
> Ralf> counterparts?
>
> Which SV_* constants?

The BSD sigvector thingies defined in <signal.h>:

/* Bits in `sv_flags'.  */
# define SV_ONSTACK     (1 << 0)/* Take the signal on the signal stack.  */
# define SV_INTERRUPT   (1 << 1)/* Do not restart system calls.  */
# define SV_RESETHAND   (1 << 2)/* Reset handler to SIG_DFL on receipt.  */

> I fear we need to do some emulation in sigaction for the old flags to
> support both Linux 2.0 and 2.2 kernels with the same glibc.

No, because only the kernel changed.  glibc never changed so there is
no reason to support other values for these bits than what is defined in
glibc.  It's a kernel messup and I'll fix it just there.  Or?