Re: Ayeee Problem

To: Wayne Allen <wayne@dcs.rhbnc.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Ayeee Problem
From: Richard van den Berg <R.vandenBerg@inter.NL.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 19:21:43 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: "linux-mips@fnet.fr" <linux-mips@fnet.fr>
On Sun, 22 Aug 1999, Wayne Allen wrote:

> Greetings after having a DEC5000/25 sitting on my desk for ages I have
> finally got around to playing with it.

Well, I've have such a beast in front of me too.

> After setting tftp nfs and all the rest I can boot from a console
> (disconnection of the keyboard ), but it gets stuck .... any ideas???

> DEC5000/33 No Floppy 500M HD B&W Screen

> vmlinux-decr3k.ecoff

Is a System.map of that image also available at Karels site?

[...]

> Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00000000, epc
> == 00000000, ra == 800996ec

If so, what function does the ra address points too.

Another possibility is that I mail you a kernel that runs here fine, for
that I have 3 options: 2.2.1, 2.2.1 with keyboard, mouse and framebuffer
support, 2.2.10 and 2.3.9, where 2.3.9 runs out of the cvs-box. Compressed
with gzip -9 the 2.3.9 kernel is 412018 bytes.

Regards,
Richard