Re: Anyone ported Linux to the NEC DDB-VRC4737 evaluation board?

To: nweaver@CS.Berkeley.EDU (Nicholas C. Weaver)
Subject: Re: Anyone ported Linux to the NEC DDB-VRC4737 evaluation board?
From: Dave Shepperd <shepperd@agames.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 12:01:22 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: greyham@research.canon.com.au, linux-mips@fnet.fr, linux@engr.sgi.com, linux-mips@vger.rutgers.edu, debian-mips@lists.debian.org
> > today: Does anyone know of a Linux port to the NEC DDB-VRC4374
> > embedded evaluation board? The board is an evaluation platform for
> [...]
>       I don't know of a port, or a port for the VRC5074 board (the
> similar setup for the Vr5000 cpu and glue chip).  Same question,
> different board?  Anyone?  Anyone?

I have Linux mostly running on a board with the NEC4310/4373 combo, but it
isn't the NEC eval board (everything in both 2.1.121 and 2.3.9 that I've
tested seems to work except pthreads). I also have linux sort of running on a
board with the QED5271/NEC5074 (and I plan to make it work on a
QEDRM7000/NEC5074) but that isn't an eval board either. Not that this will
help either of you, but it means there is hope and it probably can be done.

--
Dave Shepperd.                                 shepperd@agames.com
Atari Games Corp.            675 Sycamore Drive, Milpitas CA 95035.