Embedded Linux on MIPS processors?

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Embedded Linux on MIPS processors?
From: greyham@research.canon.com.au (Graham Stoney)
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 12:55:08 +1000 (EST)
Hi Folks,

I'm considering using Linux on an embedded system designed around a MIPS
processor, and I'm wondering if anyone has created such a beast before. I'd be
especially interested in any embedded systems built around the NEC VR4310 or
IDT R32364. There seems to be plenty of info regarding Linux on MIPS-based
workstations, but not so much about embedded systems. Given the popularity of
the MIPS architecture in embedded environments, I'd be very interested in
hearing from anyone using Linux on one, or any pointers anyone could offer.

Thanks,
Graham