Re: Cobol Users! Important Y2K Update!! Adv: (7683)

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de>
Subject: Re: Cobol Users! Important Y2K Update!! Adv: (7683)
From: Mat Kovach <mkovach@mkovach.nacs.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 21:02:04 -0400
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Comments: In-reply-to Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de> messages dated "Thu, 29 Jul 1999 00:03:17 +0200."
Ralf Baechle said:
: Bringing that on-topic again, Alan Cox is working on the port of a
: Cobol compiler to Linux ...

I heard.  I'm almost done with my Fortran stuff, now there is yet another
language people can convience me to port stuff to Linux, time for a new picture
on the dart board :)

Actually, I will most likely being taking a look into it.  In CLUG we have
somebody working on an RPG (IBM Mainframe, not Role Playing Game) compilier
for Linux.  Mix Cobol, RPG, and DB2 on a Linux box and you have a nice platform
for IBM Mainframe shops to think about converting.

Hmm, sounds interesting.....

But still, Cobol...Ugh! :)

--
Mat Kovach                                            mkovach@mkovach.nacs.net
      This e-mail is brought to you by the letter gamma and number e