Re: Globals not getting initialized

To: "Bradley D. LaRonde" <brad@ltc.com>
Subject: Re: Globals not getting initialized
From: "Gleb O. Raiko" <raiko@niisi.msk.ru>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 13:49:38 +0400
Cc: Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de>, linuxce-devel@linuxce.org, linux-mips@fnet.fr
"Bradley D. LaRonde" wrote:

> So, in summary, it appears that the linker is putting my global
> initialization data into the executable, but not including it a loadable
> segment in the program headers, so the bootloader isn't loading it, and it
> has something to do with ld.script.little.

No, it has something to do with your bootloader. Perhaps, you bootloader
can deal with only first segment of an ELF executable. So, either fix
your bootloader or arrange everything into first segment. BTW,
bootloader in my box loads only first segment too, so I had to implement
my own small bootloader that is appended before the kernel and sets the
data and bss segments ar run-time. It's located in
arch/mips/baget/balo*.

Regards,
Gleb.