Getting Linux onto a Decstation 5000/240

To: "linux-mips-request@fnet.fr" <linux-mips-request@fnet.fr>
Subject: Getting Linux onto a Decstation 5000/240
From: damos.yum@usa.net
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 01:41:00 +0200 (MET DST)
OK,
    I have a problem booting my DECStation 5000/240 via netboot using Unix
4.0d (it just hangs and no error messgaes are produced).  I am pretty sure its
my prom which is version V5.1b that is causing the problems.  Has anyone got
any ideas or documentation that may be of help with dealing with booting and
installation as well as setting up the Kernal. Any feedback will be most
appreciated.  I am using the LInux roughcuts version for mips.
Thanks Damien.