mipsel-linux-gcc and ld

To: <linuxce-devel@linuxce.org>, <linux-mips@fnet.fr>
Subject: mipsel-linux-gcc and ld
From: "Bradley D. LaRonde" <brad@ltc.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 11:20:22 -0400
1.  Why can't I get the kernel to build if I use -O, -O1, or no -O (anything
except -O2) in the main Makefile CFLAGS?  It fails during link.  Virtually
every symbol is undefined.  I want to turn off optimizations so that I can
read the disassembly easier.  Also, I thought that optimizations might be
causing the problem in #2 below.  It builds fine when I use -O2.

2.  Why might ld be liking procedure address wrong (adding 0x00010000 to
them)?  When I assign a procedure address to a variable (for an indirect
call), it gets it wrong.  The funny thing is that in a small test program it
gets it right, but not when I do it in the kernel.

Regards,
Brad