RE: Booting Linux on Vadem Clio

To: "'Bradley D. LaRonde'" <brad@ltc.com>, <linuxce-devel@linuxce.org>, <linux-mips@fnet.fr>
Subject: RE: Booting Linux on Vadem Clio
From: "Mike Klar" <wyldfier@iname.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 15:06:42 -0400
Bradley D. LaRonde wrote:

> Wait a minute - how am I getting a TLB refill exception in kseg0?

You may be running code in kseg0, but you're apparently trying to load from
or store to one of the TLB-mapped segments.  Be careful about what
assumptions you make about where that exception is coming from.  You could
be triggering some other exception, then that exception could be causing a
TLB miss, possibly as a result of going haywire (or possibly normal).  If
you don't have the exception handlers going into an infinite loop after they
turn on the LED blink, they're going to go on their merry way, handle the
exception as best they can, then return (or panic and die if they discover
something really bad).

Or maybe it is going right into the TLB refill.  I would still suspect the
place that it writes ra to the stack.

Mike K.