Re: Booting Linux on Vadem Clio

To: <linuxce-devel@linuxce.org>, <linux-mips@fnet.fr>
Subject: Re: Booting Linux on Vadem Clio
From: "Bradley D. LaRonde" <brad@ltc.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 13:45:44 -0400
OK, it's calling the "Other" exception vector, so it's not a reset (doh),
NMI, TLB Refill, or XTLB Refill (whatever that is).  Let's see, that
leaves... a whole ton of things.  :)

So I tried disabling interrupts.  Guess what?  It now calls the TLB Refill
vector.  Hmmm...  So now I have to handle that exception.

This is odd because how am I supposed to handle this stuff when the kernel
hasn't been started, and init_trap hasn't been called?

Warner, you mentioned I might be getting a trap when I jal.  According to
the docs, jal will not generate any exceptions.  So how can I get a TLB
refill exception from it?  Am I reading the docs wrong.

Well, it would seem that the next step is to figure out what address is
causing the TLB refill exception.

Any other suggestions?

Regards,
Brad