Re: Booting Linux on Vadem Clio

To: <linuxce-devel@linuxce.org>, <linux-mips@fnet.fr>
Subject: Re: Booting Linux on Vadem Clio
From: "Bradley D. LaRonde" <brad@ltc.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 12:29:21 -0400
>I don't know.  This is very odd....
>
>You might want to put the LED flashing code in the trap handler to
>make sure you aren't getting a trap for some reason when it tries to
>jump to prom_init....
>
>Warner

Good advice, thank you.  I put the LED flashing code in all the exception
vectors and it is now getting executed.  Now I'm trying to figure out which
exception it is (I just jumped to the same blink for all three vectors) and
what is causing it.  I plan to report on this later today.

This makes me wonder though:  head.S doesn't do init_trap.  That's not done
until main.c:start_kernel.  So how is that all of these other mips machines
can jal in head.S without trapping?

Regards,
Brad