Re: Booting Linux on Vadem Clio

To: "Mike Klar" <wyldfier@iname.com>
Subject: Re: Booting Linux on Vadem Clio
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 23:47:58 -0600
Cc: "'Bradley D. LaRonde'" <brad@ltc.com>, linuxce-devel@linuxce.org, linux-mips@fnet.fr
In message <000301bed1a3$b93f2430$f325a4d8@ppan.hlb.cable.rcn.com> "Mike Klar"
writes:
: You're probably causing an exception somehow, that is not being properly
: handled.  I would guess a TLB miss or cache error.

I suggested adding the LED flash to the exception code...

: Did you cut out the part where it sets up the stack pointer?  If this is the
: first place it uses the stack and sp isn't initialized properly, this may do
: bad things.

Another thing to try, if this isn't it, is to see if booting in the
uncached segment rather than in the cached segment makes and
difference...

Warner