MIPS portion of the Linux CE project

To: <linux-mips@fnet.fr>
Subject: MIPS portion of the Linux CE project
From: "Mike Klar" <wyldfier@iname.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 02:05:50 -0400
Hi everyone.

I thought I'd let everyone here know that we're ready to actually start
working on kernel code over at the Linux CE project, but we're having a
little trouble deciding which kernel branch to start from.  Can someone
explain to me what's going on in and what the status is of the 2.3.x tree as
far as MIPS is concerned?  I'm interested in knowing about both the CVS
repository at linux.sgi.com and the official Linux source tree.

Linux CE, at least the MIPS portion of it, will be 32-bit little endian, and
although I can get the 2.2 sources from SGI to compile OK, I'm having some
trouble with the 2.3 sources for little endian configs.  Meanwhile, I can't
get the 2.3 (specifically 2.3.10) sources from the official Linux tree to
compile for any MIPS configuration.

Like most of the Linux CE developers, I don't have a desktop MIPS system to
test compiled kernels with, so I want to make sure we're starting from a
reasonably working base.

For more information on Linux CE, check out http://www.linuxce.org and the
links therein.

Thanks,