Re: r2300_patch and hz_patch updated

To: R.vandenBerg@inter.NL.net (Richard van den Berg)
Subject: Re: r2300_patch and hz_patch updated
From: Karel van Houten <K.H.C.vanHouten@research.kpn.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 1999 09:39:32 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Hi Richard,

You wrote:

> > Does anyone of you have similar experiences?
>
> Linux version 2.2.10 (ravdberg@fortuna) (gcc version egcs-2.90.29 980515
> (egcs-1.0.3 release)) #2 Sat Jul 3 23:56:56 CEST 1999
>
> Boots fine on a 5k/25 with the whole filesystem nfs mounted and on a
> 5k/133 with the filesystem partial nfs mounted (/usr and /tmp local). This
> all on a local private network with top 5 machines connected, with usual
> traffic of one X-terminal and root fs of the 5k/133. BTW #1 was linked
> with the -N flag with the usual result.

I've successfully booted 2.2.10 on a 5000/240 on my network at home,
including NFS root. So I think it is either 3100 related, or the result
of a busy network. The network at my office has between 1000 and 2000
systems on it (switched segments), with the NFS server on a different
segment from the DECStation.

But I'm still in doubt wether I should update my pre-build kernels on
my website. I would like to know them working on all 'supported' systems.

Karel van Houten