Re: r2300_patch and hz_patch updated

To: Harald Koerfgen <>
Subject: Re: r2300_patch and hz_patch updated
From: "Houten K.H.C. van (Karel)" <>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 17:01:39 +0200
Harald Koerfgen writes:
>I just uploaded new versions of hz_patch.gz and r2300_patch.gz to
> These are against 2.2.10 from the CVS.
>To be able to compile 2.2.10 for little endian R4k machines you'll need
>semaphore_patch.gz, but be warned, the r4k version of down_trylock is know
>to be not fully correct although it _seems_ to work.

Hi, i've just compiled linux 2.2.10 for R3k and R4k. On my R4k systems
it runs fine, but on a R3k (3100) the network fails while mounting
the root FS. I get repeated "neighbour table overflow" errors, and
finally it gives up to mount NFS root, and panics. This is the
only system I've tried to netboot on a busy network. A 5000/260 on
a quiet network goes OK, as does a 5000/150 booting from disk.

I'll have to find out if this is CPU related, or just a bug in 2.2.10 for
DECStations (there are lots of changes in the ipv4 networking code between
2.2.1 and 2.2.10!).

Does anyone of you have similar experiences?