Re: DECStation zs driver continued...

To: Harald Koerfgen <Harald.Koerfgen@home.ivm.de>
Subject: Re: DECStation zs driver continued...
From: "Gleb O. Raiko" <raiko@niisi.msk.ru>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 12:13:49 +0400
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Hello,

Harald Koerfgen wrote:
> On 30-Jun-99 Gleb O. Raiko wrote:
> > I'd like to note that I debugged DECstation zs at the point where it's
> > stable enough to carry terminal, keyboard, and mouse. The only thing I
> > have in TODO list is wait_until_sent. I think I'll ready to send a patch
> > during next week.
>
> Excellent! Do you see a chance to unify your Baget driver and the
> DECstation driver?

Perhaps, you didn't understand that but we use the same sources. Even
now we define CONFIG_TC for Baget. The only Baget-specific changes we
made were in initialization code where we added additional conditions
for Baget and converted some defines to variables (irq number, register
window offset, clock value, etc.)

> Nevertheless, I haven't given up yet and I still have some ideas for a
> unified lance driver.

Perhaps, it's worth idea to talk with Donald Becker who is mantainer of
network drivers and Jakub Jelinek who had the valuable ideas about
unified driver layer and who is able to implement it quickly.

Regards,
Gleb.