Re: Segfaults while linking

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Segfaults while linking
From: Karsten Merker <karsten@excalibur.cologne.de>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 18:34:10 +0200
Richard van den Berg wrote:

[Segfaults while linking particular programs]
> Which binutils? I'm using 2.8.1 with R3k patch.

binutils-2.8.1-2 from Thomas Bogendoerfer. They should be R3K-clean.
I will try to get Ralf's new binutils- and egcs-patches tomorrow and build
new binutils- and egcs-rpms with them.

> I would like to now how to start a kernel without compiled in serial
> support, is it possible that a kernel boots without an initial console? I

AFAIK not without _any_ initial console, but without serial console and
with framebuffer console instead should be no problem. IIRC I had running
a 2.1.131 with the maxinefb driver and without support for serial console.

Greetings,
Karsten
--
#include <standard_disclaimer>